EMEC has worked closely with regulators over the years to streamline the consenting process and has conducted extensive environmental monitoring studies to provide you with a comprehensive view our test sites. We can keep you on the right track with the regulatory authorities and legislation, and can help you get the necessary documents in place to support your application.
Consenting support programme
We can support you with getting the statutory consents in place to enable your testing programme to proceed. The programme will aim to highlight any constraints or potential challenges in gaining consent to access the testing facilities and provide support to submit a successful application.
The consenting support programme includes:
- Compiling Project Information Summary
- Project Environmental Monitoring Programme
- Navigational Risk Assessment
- Vessel Management Plan
- Decommissioning Programme
- Support completing and submitting your Marine Licence Application to Marine Scotland.
Consultation may require additional stakeholder engagement. EMEC can support you with this as well in addition to the Consenting Support Programme.
Regulatory feasibility study
For developers at an earlier stage of development, a regulatory feasibility assessment can be provided to understand whether design/plan changes may be required in order to achieve consent. The information provided in the assessment can be used within a consent application and associated supporting documentation.
The assessment will aim to:
- highlight any constraints or potential challenges that are foreseen in gaining consent and
- provide recommendations in order to streamline the process.
A regulatory feasibility assessment includes:
- Overview of relevant consenting process for project including requirements checklist
- High-level environmental assessment for the project
- Regulatory stakeholder engagement plan
- Expected challenges and recommendations
A regulatory feasibility assessment can support technology developers access one of EMEC’s test sites or site developer/technology developer establishing a test site or commercial site.
For more on consents at EMEC, visit: EMEC consents