Project: MaRINET2 (Marine Renewables Infrastructure Network)
Timescale: 2017 – 2021
Funder: This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 731084.
Project overview: MaRINET2 is a network of 39 partners in 13 European countries, involving research centres and organisations who work together to progress offshore renewable energy technologies such as wave, tidal and offshore-wind. This pan-European network provides marine energy development companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups and researchers with funded access to marine energy experts and the world’s leading wave, tidal and offshore-wind test facilities.
Partners: 39 partners
Project website: www.marinet2.eu
- August 2019: MaRINET2 opens 4th call for free access to EMEC test sites
- October 2018: MaRINET2 launches 3rd call enabling free access to EMEC
- May 2018: MaRINET2 launches programme of free courses on offshore renewables
- April 2018: MaRINET2 awards €1.1 million to 32 technologies in 2nd call
- January 2018: Final LAMWEC tank tests complete prior to EMEC deployment
- January 2018: MaRINET2 to fund offshore renewables testing through 2nd call for applications
- July 2017: MaRINET2 awards €1.3m to develop the next-generation of offshore renewables
- April 2017: MaRINET2 opens call for free access to testing facilities
- February 2017: Funded access to EMEC available through MaRINET2