Thanks for applying for our 2023 internship programme.
Applications have now closed.
2023 potential projects
Technical and operations internships:
- Hydrogen refuelling | Literature review and development of best practice guidance for future hydrogen projects in aviation, general transport logistics and hydrogen infrastructure.
- Synthetic fuel production | Investigation around the use and requirements of hydrogen in synthetic aviation fuels (SAF); concepts such as direct air capture, scale of requirements for hydrogen, SAF and by-product market and use cases.
- Environmental monitoring | Drone based surveys, software development and data validation of EMEC tools; developing best practice for future surveys that will be conducted as well as supporting an offshore integrated environmental monitoring survey planned for summer 2023.
- Digital twin development | Digital twin development for EMEC test sites – tools to look at voltage, frequency and scenario modelling and simulation, with potential to include hydrogen production and other aspects in cost, efficiency, techno-economic modelling and electrical control measures.
- Cable monitoring | Data review and interrogation of fibre-optic based temperature and acoustic measurements, potentially working in collaboration with clients doing similar modelling on other sites, to understand potential for condition monitoring and lifetime extension of cables for marine energy applications.
Marketing and stakeholder engagement internships:
- Photography | Gain experience of industrial photo and video capture and editing, while supporting EMEC in curating our large media library.
- Policy analysis | Gather input for policy briefings on ocean energy, hydrogen and wider energy systems.
- Consultancy support | Primary and secondary research project to develop and update EMEC’s ocean energy and hydrogen sector knowledge.
Administration and IT internships:
- Office administration | Supporting HR, finance and IT functions with paperwork, data archiving and GDPR.
- Software tool development | Creating tools to assist in project planning and dissemination of performance, ideally with an interest in PowerBI and SharePoint.
Find out about EMEC internships from past interns
Read our blog from some of our past interns here: Low-down from EMEC summer interns